Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. trouble, misfortune; evil, harm; disease, sickness
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "ILLS", to help you become a better English speaker.
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
(synonym) ailment, complaint
(hypernym) disorder, upset
1. not in good physical or mental health; "ill from the monotony of his suffering"
(similar) afflicted, stricken
2. resulting in suffering or adversity; "ill effects"; "it's an ill wind that blows no good"
3. distressing; "ill manners"; "of ill repute"
4. indicating hostility or enmity; "you certainly did me an ill turn"; "ill feelings"; "ill will"
5. presaging ill-fortune; "ill omens"; "ill predictions"; "my words with inauspicious thunderings shook heaven"- P.B.Shelley; "a dead and ominous silence prevailed"; "a by-election at a time highly unpropitious for the Government"
(synonym) inauspicious, ominous
1. (`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner; not well; "he was ill prepared"; "it ill befits a man to betray old friends"; "the car runs badly"; "he performed badly on the exam"; "the team played poorly"; "ill-fitting clothes"; "an ill-conceived plan"
(synonym) badly, poorly
(antonym) well, good
(classification) combining form
2. unfavorably or with disapproval; "tried not to speak ill of the dead"; "thought badly of him for his lack of concern"
3. with difficulty or inconvenience; scarcely or hardly; "we can ill afford to buy a new car just now"
|Anagram||Download this dictionary|
|Dizionario inglese-italiano 1.0.012||Download this dictionary|
MALATI. MALI. CATTIVI
|Babylon English-Norwegian||Download this dictionary|
s. problem, trøbbel, uhell; ondskap, harme; syke, sykdom
| ILLS in French | ILLS in Italian | ILLS in Spanish | ILLS in Dutch | ILLS in Portuguese | ILLS in German | ILLS in Russian | ILLS in Japanese | ILLS in Greek | ILLS in Korean | ILLS in Turkish | ILLS in Hebrew | ILLS in Arabic | ILLS in Catalan | ILLS in Albanian | ILLS in Danish | ILLS in Norwegian | ILLS in Swedish
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!