Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. very warm; spicy; that causes discussion, that causes controversy (such as a "hot topic"); fresh; (of colors) very bright, intense (as a "hot pink dress"); exciting, new; violent; zealous (about music etc.); (Slang) angry, furious (Example: "Watch out, the boss is hot"); (Slang) stolen (Example: "Tom has got some hot DVD machines"); physically attractive (Slang)
adv. with excitement, enthusiastically
v. become exciting, make more lively
adv. in an hotheaded manner, in an extremely temperamental manner
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Hot", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Hot or HOT may refer to:
- Geographical Places and People:
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Supernova (Lisa Lopes album)
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. used of physical heat; having a high or higher than desirable temperature or giving off heat or feeling or causing a sensation of heat or burning; "hot stove"; "hot water"; "a hot August day"; "a hot stuffy room"; "she's hot and tired"; "a hot forehead"
(similar) baking, baking hot
2. characterized by violent and forceful activity or movement; very intense; "the fighting became hot and heavy"; "a hot engagement"; "a raging battle"; "the river became a raging torrent"
3. extended meanings; especially of psychological heat; marked by intensity or vehemence especially of passion or enthusiasm; "a hot temper"; "a hot topic"; "a hot new book"; "a hot love affair"; "a hot argument"
(similar) fiery, flaming
(attribute) emotionality, emotionalism
4. (color) bold and intense; "hot pink"
5. sexually excited or exciting; "was hot for her"; "hot pants"
6. recently stolen or smuggled; "hot merchandise"; "a hot car"
7. very fast; "a blistering pace"; "got off to a hot start"; "in hot pursuit"; "a red-hot line drive"
(synonym) blistering, red-hot
8. wanted by the police; "a hot suspect"
9. performed or performing with unusually great skill and daring and energy; "a hot drummer"; "he's hot tonight"
10. having a piquant burning taste of spices or peppers; "gingery Chinese food"; "hot peppers"; "hot curry"; "corn chips with peppery salsa"; "spicy tomato sauce"
(synonym) gingery, peppery, spicy
11. very popular or successful; "one of the hot young talents"; "cabbage patch dolls were hot last season"
12. very unpleasant or even dangerous; "make it hot for him"; "in the hot seat"; "in hot water"
13. newest or most recent; "news hot off the press"; "red-hot information"
14. having or bringing unusually good luck; "hot at craps"; "the dice are hot tonight"
15. very good; often used in the negative; "he's hot at math but not so hot at history"
16. newly made; "a hot scent"
17. capable of quick response and great speed; "a hot sports car"
18. having or showing great eagerness or enthusiasm; "hot for travel"
19. of a seeker; near to the object sought; "you're getting warm"; "hot on the trail"
(similar) near, close
20. having or dealing with dangerously high levels of radioactivity; "hot fuel rods"; "a hot laboratory"
21. charged or energized with electricity; "a hot wire"; "a live wire"
22. marked by excited activity; "a hot week on the stock market"
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. hot, very warm
|Babylon Dutch English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
| Hot in French | Hot in Italian | Hot in Spanish | Hot in Dutch | Hot in Portuguese | Hot in German | Hot in Russian | Hot in Japanese | Hot in Greek | Hot in Korean | Hot in Turkish | Hot in Hebrew | Hot in Arabic | Hot in Thai | Hot in Polish | Hot in Czech | Hot in Catalan | Hot in Croatian | Hot in Serbian | Hot in Albanian | Hot in Urdu | Hot in Bulgarian | Hot in Danish | Hot in Finnish | Hot in Norwegian | Hot in Romanian | Hot in Swedish | Hot in Farsi | Hot in Macedonian | Hot in Latin | Hot in Hindi | Hot in Indonesian | Hot in Vietnamese | Hot in Pashto | Hot in Malay | Hot in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!