Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. of gold; from gold; made of gold; gold-colored
n. malleable precious yellow metal; coins made of gold; money, wealth; bright yellow color
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Gold", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
GOLD may refer to:
- GOLD, an IEEE program designed to garner more student members at the university level (Graduates of the Last Decade)
- GOLD, the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease, a set of guidelines for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of COPD from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the World Health Organization.
- GOLD (parser) is an open source BNF parser
- GOLD, Gathered or linked data, in the staging tables of a data warehouse
- GOLD (ontology), General Ontology for Linguistic Description, gives a formalized account of the most basic notions used in the scientific description of human language
- Gold (TV channel), a British television channel that shows mainly classic BBC comedy programmes
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Gold is a chemical element with the symbol Au (from "gold") and an atomic number of 79. Gold is a dense, soft, shiny, malleable and ductile metal. Pure gold has a bright yellow color and luster traditionally considered attractive, which it maintains without oxidizing in air or water. Chemically, gold is a transition metal and a group 11 element. It is one of the least reactive chemical elements solid under standard conditions. The metal therefore occurs often in free elemental (native) form, as nuggets or grains in rocks, in veins and in alluvial deposits. Less commonly, it occurs in minerals as gold compounds, usually with tellurium.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. coins made of gold
(hypernym) precious metal
(substance-meronym) Au, atomic number 79
2. a deep yellow color; "an amber light illuminated the room"; "he admired the gold of her hair"
(hypernym) yellow, yellowness
3. a soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element; occurs mainly as nuggets in rocks and alluvial deposits; does not react with most chemicals but is attacked by chlorine and aqua regia
(synonym) Au, atomic number 79
(hypernym) noble metal
(hyponym) gold dust
(substance-holonym) dental gold
4. great wealth; "Whilst that for which all virtue now is sold, and almost every vice--almighty gold"--Ben Jonson
(hypernym) wealth, riches
5. something likened to the metal in brightness or preciousness or superiority etc.; "the child was as good as gold"; "she has a heart of gold"
(hypernym) invaluableness, preciousness, pricelessness, valuableness
1. made from or covered with gold; "gold coins"; "the gold dome of the Capitol"; "the golden calf"; "gilded icons"
(synonym) golden, gilded
(similar) metallic, metal(a)
2. having the deep slightly brownish color of gold; "long aureate (or golden) hair"; "a gold carpet"
(synonym) aureate, gilded, gilt, golden
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. Au, aurum, gold (Chemistry); malleable precious yellow metal; coins made of gold, money; wealth
|Babylon Dutch English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. concern, involve; obtain, acquire; count
| Gold in French | Gold in Italian | Gold in Spanish | Gold in Dutch | Gold in Portuguese | Gold in German | Gold in Russian | Gold in Japanese | Gold in Greek | Gold in Korean | Gold in Turkish | Gold in Hebrew | Gold in Arabic | Gold in Thai | Gold in Polish | Gold in Hungarian | Gold in Czech | Gold in Latvian | Gold in Catalan | Gold in Croatian | Gold in Serbian | Gold in Albanian | Gold in Urdu | Gold in Bulgarian | Gold in Danish | Gold in Finnish | Gold in Norwegian | Gold in Romanian | Gold in Swedish | Gold in Farsi | Gold in Macedonian | Gold in Afrikaans | Gold in Latin | Gold in Armenian | Gold in Hindi | Gold in Indonesian | Gold in Vietnamese | Gold in Pashto | Gold in Malay | Gold in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!