Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. level surface; level area of land; tone one half step lower than another (Music); apartment (British)
adv. levelly, evenly; certainly, absolutely; exactly; below the proper pitch (Music); without interest
adj. having a planar surface; deflated (about a tire); absolute; lying down, horizontal; spread out; tasteless; monotonous, dull; mat, not shiny; having a tone one half step lower (Music)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "FLAT", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Flat, or flatness, describes an object or condition that is very smooth or level.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a level tract of land
(hypernym) plain, field, champaign
(hyponym) salt flat, salt plain
2. a shallow box in which seedlings are started
3. a musical notation indicating one half step lower than the note named
(hypernym) musical notation
(hyponym) double flat
4. freight car without permanent sides or roof
(synonym) flatcar, flatbed
(hypernym) freight car
5. a deflated pneumatic tire
(synonym) flat tire
(hypernym) pneumatic tire, pneumatic tyre
6. scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting
(hypernym) scenery, scene
(hyponym) coulisse, wing flat
(part-holonym) mise en scene, stage setting, setting
7. a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
(hypernym) housing, lodging, living accommodations
(hyponym) bedsitting room, bedsitter, bedsit
(part-holonym) apartment building, apartment house
1. having a horizontal surface in which no part is higher or lower than another; "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"
(synonym) level, plane
2. having no depth or thickness
(similar) planar, two-dimensional
3. not modified or restricted by reservations; "a categorical denial"; "a flat refusal"
(synonym) categoric, categorical, unconditional
4. stretched out and lying at full length along the ground; "found himself lying flat on the floor"
5. lacking contrast or shading between tones
(classification) photography, picture taking
6. lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone; "B flat"
7. flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
(classification) biology, biological science
8. lacking taste or flavor or tang; "a bland diet"; "insipid hospital food"; "flavorless supermarket tomatoes"; "vapid beer"; "vapid tea"
(synonym) bland, flavorless, flavourless, insipid, savorless, savourless, vapid
9. lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting; "a bland little drama"; "a flat joke"
(similar) unstimulating, unexciting
10. having lost effervescence; "flat beer"; "a flat cola"
11. not increasing as the amount taxed increases
12. not made with leavening; "most flat breads are made from unleavened dough"
13. parallel to the ground; "a flat roof"
14. without pleats
15. lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth; "a film with two-dimensional characters"; "a flat two-dimensional painting"
16. (of a tire) completely or partially deflated
17. not reflecting light; not glossy; "flat wall paint"; "a photograph with a matte finish"
(synonym) mat, matt, matte, matted
18. lacking variety in shading; "a flat unshaded painting"
1. at full length; "he fell flat on his face"
2. with flat sails; "sail flat against the wind"
3. below the proper pitch; "she sang flat last night"
4. against a flat surface; "he lay flat on his back"
5. in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly; "he didn't answer directly"; "told me straight out"; "came out flat for less work and more pay"
(synonym) directly, straight
6. wholly or completely; "He is flat broke"
|Babylon Dutch English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. apartment, flat
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
n. byt; nota snížená o půl tónu; plocha; prázdná pneumatika; bota bez podpatku
přísl. nízko, pod tónem
příd.jm. plochý; rovný; plochý; fádní; rozhodný; snížený o půl tónu; nižší; falešný; vyprchaný; vybitý; vypuštěný; píchlý; pevný; natažený na zádech;
| FLAT in French | FLAT in Italian | FLAT in Spanish | FLAT in Dutch | FLAT in Portuguese | FLAT in German | FLAT in Russian | FLAT in Japanese | FLAT in Greek | FLAT in Korean | FLAT in Turkish | FLAT in Hebrew | FLAT in Arabic | FLAT in Thai | FLAT in Polish | FLAT in Czech | FLAT in Catalan | FLAT in Croatian | FLAT in Serbian | FLAT in Albanian | FLAT in Urdu | FLAT in Bulgarian | FLAT in Danish | FLAT in Finnish | FLAT in Norwegian | FLAT in Romanian | FLAT in Swedish | FLAT in Farsi | FLAT in Macedonian | FLAT in Afrikaans | FLAT in Latin | FLAT in Armenian | FLAT in Hindi | FLAT in Indonesian | FLAT in Vietnamese | FLAT in Mongolian | FLAT in Pashto | FLAT in Malay | FLAT in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!