Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adv. distantly; from afar; considerably; very
adj. distant; remote
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "FAR", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Far or FAR may refer to:
- Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias, the Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces
- Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias (Argentina), a guerrilla group in Argentina
- Forces Armées Rwandaises, the Rwandan Armed Forces
- Forces Armées Royales, the Moroccan Army
- Fund for Armenian Relief
- Fuerzas Armadas Rebeldes (Rebel Armed Forces), the first guerilla organization in Guatemala
- FAR Rabat, a Moroccan football club
- FAR (Tracteurs FAR), a French truck manufacturer
- FAR] acronym of Forum Alpine Renault, fully dedicated to all Alpine and Renault Sport cars fans
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to reinstitute Hutu control; "in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists"
(synonym) Army for the Liberation of Rwanda, ALIR, Former Armed Forces, Interahamwe
(hypernym) terrorist organization, terrorist group, foreign terrorist organization, FTO
(classification) Rwanda, Rwandese Republic, Ruanda
1. at a great distance in time or space or degree; "we come from a far country"; "far corners of the earth"; "the far future"; "a far journey"; "the far side of the road"; "far from the truth"; "far in the future"
(antonym) near, close
2. being of a considerable distance or length; "a far trek"
3. being the animal or vehicle on the right or being on the right side of an animal or vehicle; "the horse on the right is the far horse"; "the right side is the far side of the horse"
4. beyond a norm in opinion or actions; "the far right"
1. to a considerable degree; very much; "a far far better thing that I do"; "felt far worse than yesterday"; "eyes far too close together"
2. at or to or from a great distance in space; "he traveled far"; "strayed far from home"; "sat far away from each other"
3. at or to a certain point or degree; "I can only go so far before I have to give up"; "how far can we get with this kind of argument?"
4. remote in time; "if we could see far into the future"; "all that happened far in the past"
5. to an advanced stage or point; "a young man who will go very far"
|Babylon Turkish-English||Download this dictionary|
n. headlight, headlamp, lamp, spotlight, eyeshadow
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
přísl. daleko, do dálky; mnohem; podstatně; jak dalece, do jaké míry
příd.jm. daleký; vzdálený; vzdálenější, druhý; krajní; na hony vzdálený (čemu)
| FAR in French | FAR in Italian | FAR in Spanish | FAR in Dutch | FAR in Portuguese | FAR in German | FAR in Russian | FAR in Japanese | FAR in Greek | FAR in Korean | FAR in Turkish | FAR in Hebrew | FAR in Arabic | FAR in Thai | FAR in Polish | FAR in Czech | FAR in Catalan | FAR in Croatian | FAR in Serbian | FAR in Albanian | FAR in Urdu | FAR in Bulgarian | FAR in Danish | FAR in Finnish | FAR in Norwegian | FAR in Romanian | FAR in Swedish | FAR in Farsi | FAR in Macedonian | FAR in Afrikaans | FAR in Latin | FAR in Hindi | FAR in Indonesian | FAR in Vietnamese | FAR in Pashto | FAR in Malay | FAR in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!