Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. main component, something which is a part of a complex whole; substance which cannot be simplified or separated (Chemistry)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Element", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. an abstract part of something; "jealousy was a component of his character"; "two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony"; "the grammatical elements of a sentence"; "a key factor in her success"; "humor: an effective ingredient of a speech"
(synonym) component, constituent, factor, ingredient
(hypernym) part, section, division
2. any of the more than 100 known substances (of which 92 occur naturally) that cannot be separated into simpler substances and that singly or in combination constitute all matter
(synonym) chemical element
(hypernym) substance, matter
3. an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system; "spare components for cars"; "a component or constituent element of a system"
(synonym) component, constituent
(hypernym) part, portion
(hyponym) accessory, appurtenance, supplement, add-on
4. one of four substances thought in ancient and medieval cosmology to constitute the physical universe; "the alchemists believed that there were four elements"
(hypernym) substance, matter
5. the most favorable environment for a plant or animal; "water is the element of fishes"
(hypernym) environment, environs, surroundings, surround
6. the situation in which you are happiest and most effective; "in your element"
(hypernym) situation, state of affairs
7. a straight line that generates a cylinder or cone
(hypernym) straight line
(hyponym) element of a cone
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. element, main component, something which is a part of a complex whole; (Chemistry) substance which cannot be simplified or separated
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nm. element, unit; factor, ingredient
| Element in French | Element in Italian | Element in Spanish | Element in Dutch | Element in Portuguese | Element in German | Element in Russian | Element in Japanese | Element in Greek | Element in Korean | Element in Turkish | Element in Hebrew | Element in Arabic | Element in Thai | Element in Polish | Element in Czech | Element in Latvian | Element in Catalan | Element in Croatian | Element in Serbian | Element in Albanian | Element in Urdu | Element in Bulgarian | Element in Danish | Element in Finnish | Element in Norwegian | Element in Romanian | Element in Swedish | Element in Farsi | Element in Macedonian | Element in Afrikaans | Element in Latin | Element in Armenian | Element in Hindi | Element in Indonesian | Element in Vietnamese | Element in Pashto | Element in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!