Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Eckstein is a surname of German origin, meaning "cornerstone" (eck means 'corner', and stein means 'stone'). According to information gleaned from the U.S. Census, around 2,500 people in the United States have the surname Eckstein. It may refer to the following people:
- Bernd Eckstein, East German ski jumper who competed during the 1970s
- David Eckstein (born 1975), American professional baseball player
- Dieter Eckstein (born 1964), German football (soccer) player
- Hans Eckstein (1908–1985), German water polo player who competed in the 1932 Summer Olympics
- John Eckstein (German, 1736–1817), artist, active in Germany, London and Philadelphia
- Rudolf Eckstein (born 1915), German rower who competed in the 1936 Summer Olympics
- John Eckstein Artist, known for British Naval Portraits, died in Barbados
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Eckstein", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nm. quoin, corner stone, stone which forms the corner of a building
|WinCept Glass German English Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
m corner block
Copyright © 2004-2006, Dr. Pavel Dallakian & Dipl.-Ing. Boris Yanyuk, WinCept.com. All rights reserved.
| Eckstein in Dutch | Eckstein in German | Eckstein in Russian | Eckstein in Bulgarian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!