Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. make deeper; become deeper
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Deepened", to help you become a better English speaker.
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. having accumulated or become more intense; "the deepened gloom"
1. make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified", "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Potsmokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
(synonym) intensify, compound, heighten
(hyponym) heat up, hot up, screw up
2. become more intense; "The debate intensified"; "His dislike for raw fish only deepened in Japan"
3. make deeper; "They deepened the lake so that bigger pleasure boats could use it"
4. become deeper in tone; "His voice began to change when he was 12 years old"; "Her voice deepened when she whispered the password"
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. prohlubovat (se)
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. pogłębiać (się)
|Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)||Download this dictionary|
(imp. & p. p.)
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), edited by Noah Porter. About
| Deepened in French | Deepened in Italian | Deepened in Spanish | Deepened in Dutch | Deepened in Portuguese | Deepened in German | Deepened in Russian | Deepened in Japanese | Deepened in Greek | Deepened in Korean | Deepened in Turkish | Deepened in Hebrew | Deepened in Arabic | Deepened in Polish | Deepened in Czech | Deepened in Catalan | Deepened in Croatian | Deepened in Albanian | Deepened in Danish | Deepened in Norwegian | Deepened in Swedish | Deepened in Farsi | Deepened in Indonesian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!