Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. place a telephone call by pressing buttons or turning a dial
n. rotatable disk on a telephone; face upon which measurements are registered through the use of a pointer (as on a watch, meter, etc.)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "DIAL", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
- Not to be confused with a diol, a chemical containing two hydroxyl groups.
- -dial, the suffix for dialdehydes (a molecule with two aldehyde groups)
- 'dial.' can be an abbreviation for 'dialect'
- Dial (measurement), a display device in radio, measuring instruments, etc.
- Dial Corporation, a consumer products company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Henkel AG & Co. KGaA.
- Dial (soap), a brand of antibacterial soap and related products
- Dial House (disambiguation), various
- Dial Records (disambiguation), various
- Dunedin International Airport Limited, New Zealand
- Delhi International Airport (P) Limited, Delhi, India
- Mode dial, part of dSLR and SLR-like digital cameras
- Rotary dial, a device for the input of numbers in telephones and similar devices
- A sundial or clock face
- The Dial, an American magazine published intermittently from 1840 to 1929.
- DIAL, an acronym for Differential Absorbtion LIDAR
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. the face of a timepiece; graduated to show the hours
(part-holonym) timepiece, timekeeper
2. the control on a radio or television set that is used for tuning
(hypernym) control, controller
3. the circular graduated indicator on various measuring instruments
4. a disc on a telephone that is rotated a fixed distance for each number called
(synonym) telephone dial
(hypernym) selector, selector switch
(part-holonym) dial telephone, dial phone
(part-meronym) finger hole
1. operate a dial to select a telephone number; "You must take the receiver off the hook before you dial"
(hypernym) operate, control
(derivation) telephone dial
(classification) telephone, telephony
2. choose by means of a dial; "dial a telephone number"
(hypernym) choose, take, select, pick out
(derivation) telephone dial
|Babylon Spanish English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nm. dial, place a telephone call by pressing buttons or turning a dial
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. vytočit; připojit se
n. ciferník; knoflík; číselník
| DIAL in French | DIAL in Italian | DIAL in Spanish | DIAL in Dutch | DIAL in Portuguese | DIAL in German | DIAL in Russian | DIAL in Japanese | DIAL in Greek | DIAL in Korean | DIAL in Turkish | DIAL in Hebrew | DIAL in Arabic | DIAL in Thai | DIAL in Polish | DIAL in Czech | DIAL in Catalan | DIAL in Croatian | DIAL in Serbian | DIAL in Albanian | DIAL in Urdu | DIAL in Bulgarian | DIAL in Danish | DIAL in Finnish | DIAL in Norwegian | DIAL in Romanian | DIAL in Swedish | DIAL in Farsi | DIAL in Macedonian | DIAL in Afrikaans | DIAL in Hindi | DIAL in Indonesian | DIAL in Vietnamese | DIAL in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!