Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. confined or severely limited in space; affected with cramps
v. confine, impede, restrain; constrict; fasten with a clamp
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Cramped", to help you become a better English speaker.
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. constricted in size; "cramped quarters"; "trying to bring children up in cramped high-rise apartments"
1. a painful and involuntary muscular contraction
(synonym) spasm, muscle spasm
(hyponym) charley horse, charley-horse
2. a clamp for holding pieces of wood together while they are glued
3. a strip of metal with ends bent at right angles; used to hold masonry together
(synonym) cramp iron
(hypernym) strip, slip
1. secure with a cramp; "cramp the wood"
(hypernym) fasten, fix, secure
(derivation) cramp iron
2. prevent the progress or free movement of; "He was hampered in his efforts by the bad weather"; "the imperilist nation wanted to strangle the free trade between the two small countries"
(synonym) hamper, halter, strangle
(hypernym) restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
|Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)||Download this dictionary|
(imp. & p. p.)
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), edited by Noah Porter. About
| Cramped in French | Cramped in Italian | Cramped in Spanish | Cramped in Dutch | Cramped in Portuguese | Cramped in German | Cramped in Russian | Cramped in Japanese | Cramped in Greek | Cramped in Korean | Cramped in Turkish | Cramped in Hebrew | Cramped in Arabic | Cramped in Thai | Cramped in Polish | Cramped in Czech | Cramped in Catalan | Cramped in Croatian | Cramped in Albanian | Cramped in Bulgarian | Cramped in Danish | Cramped in Norwegian | Cramped in Romanian | Cramped in Swedish | Cramped in Farsi | Cramped in Hindi | Cramped in Indonesian | Cramped in Vietnamese | Cramped in Mongolian | Cramped in Pashto
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!