Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. layer (of paint, dust, etc.) which covers a surface
v. cover with a thin layer (of paint, dust, etc.)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Coating", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
A coating is a covering that is applied to the surface of an object, usually referred to as the substrate. In many cases coatings are applied to improve surface properties of the substrate, such as appearance, adhesion, wetability, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and scratch resistance. In other cases, in particular in printing processes and semiconductor device fabrication (where the substrate is a wafer), the coating forms an essential part of the finished product.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a thin layer covering something; "a second coat of paint"
(derivation) coat, cake
2. a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance); "the boat had a metallic finish"; "he applied a coat of a clear finish"; "when the finish is too thin it is difficult to apply evenly"
(synonym) finish, finishing
(derivation) coat, surface
3. a heavy fabric suitable for coats
(hypernym) fabric, cloth, material, textile
4. the work of applying something; "the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"; "a complete bleach requires several applications"; "the surface was ready for a coating of paint";
(synonym) application, covering
(hypernym) manual labor, manual labour
(hyponym) anointing, anointment
(derivation) coat, surface
1. an outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down; worn outdoors
(hypernym) overgarment, outer garment
(hyponym) box coat
(part-meronym) breast pocket
2. a thin layer covering something; "a second coat of paint"
3. growth of hair or wool or fur covering the body of an animal
1. put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface; "coat the cake with chocolate"
(hyponym) rubberize, rubberise, rubber
2. cover or provide with a coat
(hypernym) dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
3. form a coat over; "Dirt had coated her face"
(hypernym) cover, spread over
|Babylon Dutch English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. coating, layer (of paint, dust, etc.) which covers a surface
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
| Coating in French | Coating in Italian | Coating in Spanish | Coating in Dutch | Coating in Portuguese | Coating in German | Coating in Russian | Coating in Japanese | Coating in Greek | Coating in Korean | Coating in Turkish | Coating in Hebrew | Coating in Arabic | Coating in Thai | Coating in Polish | Coating in Czech | Coating in Catalan | Coating in Croatian | Coating in Albanian | Coating in Urdu | Coating in Bulgarian | Coating in Danish | Coating in Norwegian | Coating in Romanian | Coating in Swedish | Coating in Farsi | Coating in Hindi | Coating in Indonesian | Coating in Vietnamese
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!