Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. long seat; pulpit of a judge; work table
v. furnish with benches; sit in judgment; exhibit dogs at an exhibition; remove from a game (Sports)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Bench", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Bench or The Bench can refer to:
- Bench (furniture), a piece of furniture, which typically offers seating for several people.
- In Yiddish, to bench means to bless, from Latin benedicere. In Jewish-English it refers to any of a number of blessings given or recited.
- Bench language (Bench-non), a Northern Omotic language spoken in Kaffa (southeastern Ethiopia)
- Workbench or lab bench, a place of work consisting of a table and perhaps places to keep an arrangement of tools and materials.
- Bench (clothing brand), a British clothing brand.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Bench (clothing brand)
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. the magistrate or judge or judges sitting in court in judicial capacity to compose the court collectively
(part-holonym) court, tribunal, judicature
1. a long seat for more than one person
2. the reserve players on a team; "our team has a strong bench"
(part-holonym) team, squad
(member-meronym) substitute, reserve
3. a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
(hypernym) tableland, plateau
4. persons who administer justice
(hypernym) administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation
(member-holonym) government, authorities, regime
5. a strong worktable for a carpenter or mechanic
(synonym) workbench, work bench
(hypernym) worktable, work table
(hyponym) lab bench, laboratory bench
1. take out of a game; of players
2. exhibit on a bench; "bench the poodles at the dog show"
(hypernym) expose, exhibit, display
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
n. lavička; soudce; lavice; soudcovská lavice; hráčská lavice; pracovní stůl; ponk
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Rzecz. ławka; ława; stół montażowy/laboratoryjny
| Bench in French | Bench in Italian | Bench in Spanish | Bench in Dutch | Bench in Portuguese | Bench in German | Bench in Russian | Bench in Japanese | Bench in Greek | Bench in Korean | Bench in Turkish | Bench in Hebrew | Bench in Arabic | Bench in Thai | Bench in Polish | Bench in Czech | Bench in Catalan | Bench in Croatian | Bench in Serbian | Bench in Albanian | Bench in Urdu | Bench in Bulgarian | Bench in Danish | Bench in Finnish | Bench in Norwegian | Bench in Romanian | Bench in Swedish | Bench in Farsi | Bench in Macedonian | Bench in Afrikaans | Bench in Latin | Bench in Hindi | Bench in Indonesian | Bench in Vietnamese | Bench in Mongolian | Bench in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!