Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. bright, shining, gleaming, radiant
v. smile with joy; light up; radiate
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Beaming", to help you become a better English speaker.
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. cheerful and bright; "a beaming smile"; "a glad May morning"
2. pleased and proud; "beaming parents"
3. radiating or as if radiating light; "the beaming sun"; "the effulgent daffodils"; "a radiant sunrise"; "a refulgent sunset"
(synonym) beamy, effulgent, radiant, refulgent
1. a signal transmitted along a narrow path; guides pilots in darkness or bad weather
(synonym) radio beam
(hypernym) signal, signaling, sign
(derivation) air, send, broadcast, transmit
2. long thick piece of wood or metal or concrete, etc., used in construction
(hypernym) structural member
(hyponym) box beam, box girder
3. a column of light (as from a beacon)
(synonym) beam of light, light beam, ray, ray of light, shaft, shaft of light, irradiation
(hypernym) light, visible light, visible radiation
(hyponym) heat ray
4. a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation
(synonym) ray, electron beam
(hypernym) electromagnetic radiation, electromagnetic wave, nonparticulate radiation
(hyponym) cathode ray
5. (nautical) breadth amidships
(hypernym) width, breadth
6. a gymnastic apparatus used by women gymnasts
(synonym) balance beam
(hypernym) gymnastic apparatus, exerciser
1. smile radiantly; express joy through one's facial expression
2. emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light; "The sun shone bright that day"; "The fire beamed on their faces"
(hyponym) beat down
(derivation) beam of light, light beam, ray, ray of light, shaft, shaft of light, irradiation
3. express with a beaming face or smile; "he beamed his approval"
(hypernym) express, show, evince
4. broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television; "We cannot air this X-rated song"
(synonym) air, send, broadcast, transmit
(hypernym) publicize, publicise, air, bare
(derivation) radio beam
(classification) broadcast medium, broadcasting
5. especially of the complexion: show a strong bright color, such as red or pink; "Her face glowed when she came out of the sauna"
(synonym) glow, radiate, shine
(hypernym) look, appear, seem
6. experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion; "She was beaming with joy"; "Her face radiated with happiness"
(synonym) glow, radiate, shine
(hypernym) feel, experience
|Babylon Dutch English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. agreeing, consenting, coming to one opinion; living in harmony
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. zazářit; usmát se; vysílat; zářit
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. uśmiechać się promiennie; transmitować; promieniować; wysyłać promienie; rozpromieniona
| Beaming in French | Beaming in Italian | Beaming in Spanish | Beaming in Dutch | Beaming in Portuguese | Beaming in German | Beaming in Russian | Beaming in Japanese | Beaming in Greek | Beaming in Korean | Beaming in Turkish | Beaming in Hebrew | Beaming in Arabic | Beaming in Thai | Beaming in Polish | Beaming in Czech | Beaming in Catalan | Beaming in Croatian | Beaming in Albanian | Beaming in Urdu | Beaming in Bulgarian | Beaming in Danish | Beaming in Norwegian | Beaming in Romanian | Beaming in Swedish | Beaming in Farsi | Beaming in Macedonian | Beaming in Hindi | Beaming in Indonesian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!