Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. ancient; no longer used
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Archaic", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Archaic may refer to a period of time preceding a "classical period":
- List of archaeological periods
- Archaic Homo sapiens, people who lived about 300,000 to 30,000 B.P. (this is far earlier than the archaeological definition)
- Archaism, the use of a form of speech or writing that is no longer current
- Archaic language, preserving features that are no longer present in languages of the same family
- List of archaic musical instruments
- Archaic Latin (also called Old Latin or Early Latin), Latin language up to about 75 BC
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"
(synonym) antediluvian, antiquated
2. little evolved from or characteristic of an earlier ancestral type; "archaic forms of life"; "primitive mammals"; "the okapi is a short-necked primitive cousin of the giraffe"
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
| Archaic in French | Archaic in Italian | Archaic in Spanish | Archaic in Dutch | Archaic in Portuguese | Archaic in German | Archaic in Russian | Archaic in Japanese | Archaic in Greek | Archaic in Korean | Archaic in Turkish | Archaic in Hebrew | Archaic in Arabic | Archaic in Thai | Archaic in Polish | Archaic in Czech | Archaic in Catalan | Archaic in Croatian | Archaic in Serbian | Archaic in Albanian | Archaic in Urdu | Archaic in Bulgarian | Archaic in Danish | Archaic in Norwegian | Archaic in Romanian | Archaic in Swedish | Archaic in Farsi | Archaic in Macedonian | Archaic in Hindi | Archaic in Indonesian | Archaic in Vietnamese | Archaic in Mongolian | Archaic in Malay | Archaic in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!