Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. substance which destroys microorganisms which produce sepsis
adj. pertaining to antisepsis; free of germs, sterile, uncontaminated; clean, neat
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Antiseptic", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Antiseptics (from Greek ἀντί: anti, '"against" + σηπτικός: sēptikos, "putrefactive") are antimicrobial substances that are applied to living tissue/skin to reduce the possibility of infection, sepsis, or putrefaction. Antiseptics are generally distinguished from antibiotics by the latter's ability to be transported through the lymphatic system to destroy bacteria within the body, and from disinfectants, which destroy microorganisms found on non-living objects.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a substance that destroys micro-organisms that carry disease without harming body tissues
(hypernym) medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
(hyponym) chloramine, chloramine-T
1. thoroughly clean and free of or destructive to disease-causing organisms; "doctors in antiseptic green coats"; "the antiseptic effect of alcohol"; "it is said that marjoram has antiseptic qualities"
(similar) aseptic, sterile
2. clean and honest; "antiseptic financial practices"
3. freeing from error or corruption; "the antiseptic effect of sturdy criticism"
4. made free from live bacteria or other microorganisms; "sterilized instruments"
(synonym) sterilized, sterilised
5. (extended sense) of exceptionally clean language; "lyrics as antiseptic as Sunday School"
(similar) clean, unobjectionable
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Rzecz. środek antyseptyczny
| Antiseptic in French | Antiseptic in Italian | Antiseptic in Spanish | Antiseptic in Dutch | Antiseptic in Portuguese | Antiseptic in German | Antiseptic in Russian | Antiseptic in Japanese | Antiseptic in Greek | Antiseptic in Korean | Antiseptic in Turkish | Antiseptic in Hebrew | Antiseptic in Arabic | Antiseptic in Thai | Antiseptic in Polish | Antiseptic in Czech | Antiseptic in Catalan | Antiseptic in Croatian | Antiseptic in Serbian | Antiseptic in Albanian | Antiseptic in Urdu | Antiseptic in Bulgarian | Antiseptic in Danish | Antiseptic in Finnish | Antiseptic in Norwegian | Antiseptic in Romanian | Antiseptic in Swedish | Antiseptic in Farsi | Antiseptic in Macedonian | Antiseptic in Hindi | Antiseptic in Indonesian | Antiseptic in Vietnamese | Antiseptic in Mongolian | Antiseptic in Pashto | Antiseptic in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!