Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
AIDS (acquired immune deficiency syndrome)
incurable disease characterized by a deterioration of the immune system and susceptibility to a number of infections and cancers (caused by the HIV virus)
Aids (acquired immune deficiency syndrome)
n. incurable disease characterized by a deterioration of the immune system and susceptibility to a number of infections and cancers (caused by the HIV virus)
v. help; assist
n. help; assistance; accessory
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "AIDS", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Acquired immune deficiency syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is a disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). The illness interferes with the immune system, making people with AIDS much more likely to get infections, including opportunistic infections and tumors that do not affect people with working immune systems. This susceptibility gets worse as the disease continues.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a serious (often fatal) disease of the immune system transmitted through blood products especially by sexual contact or contaminated needles
(synonym) acquired immune deficiency syndrome
1. a resource; "visual aids in teaching"; "economic assistance to depressed areas"
(synonym) assistance, help
(derivation) help, assist
2. the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
(synonym) assist, assistance, help
3. a gift of money to support a worthy person or cause
(synonym) economic aid
4. the work of caring for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needed constant attention"
(synonym) care, attention, tending
(hyponym) hair care, haircare, hairdressing
1. give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
(synonym) help, assist
(hypernym) support, back up
(hyponym) facilitate, ease, alleviate
(derivation) assistance, help
2. improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"
(hypernym) better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
(hyponym) bring around, cure, heal
(derivation) care, attention, tending
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. Aids, incurable disease characterized by a deterioration of the immune system and susceptibility to a number of infections and cancers (caused by the HIV virus), acquired immune deficiency syndrome
|Babylon Italian English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nm. Aids, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
| AIDS in French | AIDS in Italian | AIDS in Spanish | AIDS in Dutch | AIDS in Portuguese | AIDS in German | AIDS in Russian | AIDS in Japanese | AIDS in Greek | AIDS in Korean | AIDS in Turkish | AIDS in Hebrew | AIDS in Arabic | AIDS in Thai | AIDS in Polish | AIDS in Hungarian | AIDS in Czech | AIDS in Latvian | AIDS in Catalan | AIDS in Croatian | AIDS in Serbian | AIDS in Albanian | AIDS in Urdu | AIDS in Bulgarian | AIDS in Danish | AIDS in Finnish | AIDS in Norwegian | AIDS in Romanian | AIDS in Swedish | AIDS in Farsi | AIDS in Macedonian | AIDS in Hindi | AIDS in Vietnamese | AIDS in Mongolian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!