Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. end a pregnancy; cancel, call off; fail; (Computers) stop a procedure in progress or a program in operation (especially suddenly or abnormally)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "ABORT", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Abort can mean:
- Abortion, the termination of pregnancy.
- Early termination of some process, e.g.:
- The early termination of a spaceflight, particularly a mode resulting in the return of the spacecraft to Earth. For more information, see Space Shuttle abort modes and Apollo abort modes.
- The termination of an aircraft take-off attempt.
- Abort (computing), to terminate a computer processing or data transfer activity.
- "Abort" is antiquated German for a toilet, from German ab- = "away" and noun Ort = "place".
- Abort, a 1970 Norwegian film.
- Abort (album), a 1991 album from the band Tribe
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. terminate before completion; "abort the mission"; "abort the process running on my computer"
(hypernym) end, terminate
(derivation) miscarriage, abortion
2. terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion
(hypernym) discharge, expel, eject, release
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nm. privy, lavatory; (caused by natural or artificial means) abortion, premature termination of a pregnancy, miscarriage
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
| ABORT in French | ABORT in Italian | ABORT in Spanish | ABORT in Dutch | ABORT in Portuguese | ABORT in German | ABORT in Russian | ABORT in Japanese | ABORT in Greek | ABORT in Korean | ABORT in Turkish | ABORT in Hebrew | ABORT in Arabic | ABORT in Thai | ABORT in Polish | ABORT in Czech | ABORT in Catalan | ABORT in Croatian | ABORT in Serbian | ABORT in Albanian | ABORT in Urdu | ABORT in Bulgarian | ABORT in Danish | ABORT in Finnish | ABORT in Norwegian | ABORT in Romanian | ABORT in Swedish | ABORT in Farsi | ABORT in Macedonian | ABORT in Hindi | ABORT in Indonesian | ABORT in Vietnamese | ABORT in Mongolian | ABORT in Malay | ABORT in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!