Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
- 380 – Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal entry, into Constantinople.
- 1227 – Polish Prince Leszek I the White is assassinated at an assembly of Piast dukes at Gasawa.
- 1429 – Joan of Arc unsuccessfully besieges La Charité.
- 1542 – Battle of Solway Moss: The English army defeats the Scots.
- 1642 – Abel Tasman becomes the first European to discover the island Van Diemen's Land (later renamed Tasmania).
- 1835 – The Texas Provincial Government authorizes the creation of a horse-mounted police force called the Texas Rangers (which is now the Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety).
- 1850 – Danish troops defeat a Schleswig-Holstein force in the town of Lottorf, Schleswig-Holstein.
- 1859 – Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called "Evolution Day"
- 1863 – American Civil War: Battle of Lookout Mountain – Near Chattanooga, Tennessee, Union forces under General Ulysses S. Grant capture Lookout Mountain and begin to break the Confederate siege of the city led by General Braxton Bragg.
- 1906 – The Canton Bulldogs-Massillon Tigers Betting Scandal, the first major scandal in professional American football.
- 1922 – Author and Irish Republican Army member Robert Erskine Childers is executed by an Irish Free State firing squad for illegally carrying a revolver.
- 1932 – In Washington, D.C., the FBI Scientific Crime Detection Laboratory (better known as the FBI Crime Lab) officially opens.
- 1935 – The Senegalese Socialist Party holds its second congress.
- 1940 – World War II: Slovakia becomes a signatory to the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- 1941 – World War II: The United States grants Lend-Lease to the Free French.
- 1943 – World War II: The is torpedoed near Tarawa and sinks, killing 650 men.
- 1944 – World War II: Bombing of Tokyo – The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
- 1950 – The "Storm of the Century", a violent snowstorm, takes shape on this date before paralyzing the northeastern United States and the Appalachians the next day, bringing winds up to 100 mph and sub-zero temperatures. Pickens, West Virginia, records 57 inches of snow. 353 people would die as a result of the storm.
- 1962 – The West Berlin branch of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany forms a separate party, the Socialist Unity Party of West Berlin.
- 1963 – Lee Harvey Oswald is murdered by Jack Ruby in the basement of Dallas police department headquarters. The shooting happens to be broadcast live on television.
- 1963 – Vietnam War: Newly sworn-in US President Lyndon B. Johnson confirms that the United States intends to continue supporting South Vietnam both militarily and economically.
- 1965 – Joseph Désiré Mobutu seizes power in the Congo and becomes President; he rules the country (which he renames Zaire in 1971) for over 30 years, until being overthrown by rebels in 1997.
- 1966 – Bulgarian TABSO Flight 101 crashes near Bratislava, Czechoslovakia, killing all 82 people on board.
- 1969 – Apollo program: The Apollo 12 command module splashes down safely in the Pacific Ocean, ending the second manned mission to the Moon.
- 1971 – During a severe thunderstorm over Washington state, a hijacker calling himself Dan Cooper (AKA D. B. Cooper) parachutes from a Northwest Orient Airlines plane with $200,000 in ransom money. He has never been found.
- 1973 – A national speed limit is imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crisis. The speed limit lasted only four months.
- 1974 – Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discover the 40 omplete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed "Lucy" (after The Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia's Afar Depression.
- 1992 – A China Southern Airlines domestic flight in the People's Republic of China, crashes, killing all 141 people on-board.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "24 november", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|Wikipedia Español La enciclopedia libre||Download this dictionary|
24 de Noviembre
- REDIRECCIÓN 24 de noviembre
|Ver más en Wikipedia.org.../A>|
24 de noviembre
|Ver más en Wikipedia.org.../A>|
© Este artículo utiliza contenidos de Wikipedia® y está disponible bajo los términos de la Licencia de documentación libre GNU
|Wikipédia Français||Download this dictionary|
|Pour la suite, voir Wikipédia.org…|
© Cet article se sert du contenu de Wikipédia® et est autorisé sous les termes de la Licence de Documentation libre GNU
|Wikipedia Deutsch Die freie Enzyklopädie||Download this dictionary|
|Mehr unter Wikipedia.org...|
© Dieser Eintrag beinhaltet Material aus Wikipedia und ist lizensiert auf GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation
|Svenska Wikipedia – den fria encyklopedin||Download this dictionary|
|Se mer på Wikipedia.οrg…|
© Den här artikeln använder material från Wikipedia® och är licensierad enligt GNU Free Documentation License
| 24 november in English | 24 november in French | 24 november in Italian | 24 november in Spanish | 24 november in Dutch | 24 november in Portuguese | 24 november in German | 24 november in Russian | 24 november in Japanese | 24 november in Greek | 24 november in Korean | 24 november in Turkish | 24 november in Hebrew | 24 november in Polish | 24 november in Hungarian | 24 november in Bulgarian | 24 november in Danish | 24 november in Finnish | 24 november in Norwegian | 24 november in Swedish
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!