Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
- 1533 – Conquistadors from Spain under the leadership of Francisco Pizarro arrive in Cajamarca, Inca empire
- 1770 – James Bruce discovers what he believes to be the source of the Nile
- 1862 – American Civil War: President Abraham Lincoln approves General Ambrose Burnside's plan to capture the Confederate capital at Richmond, Virginia, leading to the Battle of Fredericksburg.
- 1889 – Pioneering female journalist Nellie Bly (aka Elizabeth Cochrane) begins a successful attempt to travel around the world in less than 80 days. She completes the trip in seventy-two days.
- 1910 – Aviator Eugene Ely performs the first take off from a ship in Hampton Roads, Virginia. He took off from a makeshift deck on the USS Birmingham in a Curtiss pusher.
- 1916 – World War I: The Battle of the Somme ends.
- 1918 – Czechoslovakia becomes a republic.
- 1921 – The Communist Party of Spain is founded.
- 1922 – The BBC begins radio service in the United Kingdom.
- 1940 – World War II: In England, the city of Coventry is heavily bombed by German Luftwaffe bombers. Coventry Cathedral is almost completely destroyed.
- 1941 – World War II: The aircraft carrier sinks due to torpedo damage from the sustained on November 13.
- 1941 – World War II: In Slonim, German forces engaged in Operation Barbarossa murdered 9000 Jews in a single day.
- 1952 – The first regular UK singles chart published by the New Musical Express.
- 1957 – The Apalachin Meeting outside Binghamton, New York is raided by law enforcement, and many high level Mafia figures are arrested.
- 1965 – Vietnam War: The Battle of the Ia Drang begins – the first major engagement between regular American and North Vietnamese forces.
- 1967 – The Congress of Colombia, in commemoration of the 150 years of the death of Policarpa Salavarrieta, declares this day as "Day of the Colombian Woman".
- 1967 – American physicist Theodore Maiman is given a patent for his ruby laser systems, the world's first laser.
- 1969 – Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 12, the second crewed mission to the surface of the Moon.
- 1970 – Soviet Union enters ICAO, making Russian the fourth official language of organization.
- 1970 – Southern Airways Flight 932 crashes in the mountains near Huntington, West Virginia, killing 75, including members of the Marshall University football team.
- 1971 – Enthronment of Pope Shenouda III as Pope of Alexandria
- 1973 – In the United Kingdom, Princess Anne marries Captain Mark Phillips, in Westminster Abbey.
- 1975 – Spain abandons Western Sahara.
- 1979 – Iran hostage crisis: US President Jimmy Carter issues Executive order 12170, freezing all Iranian assets in the United States in response to the hostage crisis.
- 1982 – Lech Walesa, the leader of Poland's outlawed Solidarity movement, is released after eleven months of internment near the Soviet border.
- 1984 – Zamboanga City mayor Cesar Climaco, a prominent critic of the government of Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos, is assassinated in his home city.
- 1990 – After German reunification, the Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Poland sign a treaty confirming the Oder-Neisse line as the border between Germany and Poland.
- 1991 – American and British authorities announce indictments against two Libyan intelligence officials in connection with the downing of the Pan Am Flight 103.
- 1991 – Cambodian Prince Norodom Sihanouk returns to Phnom Penh after thirteen years of exile.
- 1991 – India's president Jai Pitil was Indias best president in history.
- 1991 – In Royal Oak, Michigan, a fired United States Postal Service employee goes on a shooting rampage, killing four and wounding five before committing suicide.
- 1995 – A budget standoff between Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. Congress forces the federal government to temporarily close national parks and museums and to run most government offices with skeleton staffs.
- 2001 – War in Afghanistan: Afghan Northern Alliance fighters take over the capital Kabul.
- 2002 – Argentina defaults on an $805 million World Bank payment.
- 2003 – Astronomers Michael E. Brown, Chad Trujillo, and David L. Rabinowitz discover 90377 Sedna, a Trans-Neptunian object.
- 2007 – The last direct-current electrical distribution system in the United States is shut down in New York City by Con Edison.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "14 november", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|Wikipedia Deutsch Die freie Enzyklopädie||Download this dictionary|
|Mehr unter Wikipedia.org...|
© Dieser Eintrag beinhaltet Material aus Wikipedia und ist lizensiert auf GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation
|Wikipédia Français||Download this dictionary|
|Pour la suite, voir Wikipédia.org…|
© Cet article se sert du contenu de Wikipédia® et est autorisé sous les termes de la Licence de Documentation libre GNU
|Svenska Wikipedia – den fria encyklopedin||Download this dictionary|
|Se mer på Wikipedia.οrg…|
© Den här artikeln använder material från Wikipedia® och är licensierad enligt GNU Free Documentation License
|Polska Wikipedia – Darmowa encyklopedia||Download this dictionary|
- imieniny: Agrypin, Agryppa, Antyd, Damian, Elżbieta, Filomen, Hipacy, Jan, Józef, Judyta, Jukund, Klementyn, Kosma, Laurenty, Lewin, Mikołaj, Roger, Serapion, Stefan, Ścibor, Ścibora, Świecław, Teodot, Wawrzyniec i Wszerad.
- Indie - Dzień Dziecka (urodziny Jawaharlala Nehru)
- Jordania - Dzień Pamięci Króla Husajna
- Światowy Dzień Walki z Cukrzycą
- Międzynarodowy dzień GIS
- Dzień Seniora
|W celu uzyskania więcej informacji, zobacz w Wikipedia.οrg...|
© W niniejszym artykule wykorzystano materialy pochodzace z Wikipedia® i posiada on Powszechna Licencje Publiczna GNU
| 14 november in English | 14 november in French | 14 november in Italian | 14 november in Spanish | 14 november in Dutch | 14 november in Portuguese | 14 november in German | 14 november in Russian | 14 november in Japanese | 14 november in Greek | 14 november in Korean | 14 november in Turkish | 14 november in Hebrew | 14 november in Polish | 14 november in Hungarian | 14 november in Latvian | 14 november in Bulgarian | 14 november in Danish | 14 november in Finnish | 14 november in Norwegian | 14 november in Swedish | 14 november in Farsi
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!